Welcome to RB Sunrise Rotary


Thanks for joining us.

The purpose of this blog is to allow a prospective Rotarian to follow my experience as I join Rotary and progress through the process of becoming a Rotarian.

You can learn more about RB Sunrise Rotary at www.rbsunrise.org.

We welcome your comments and questions, and look forward to seeing you at one of our meetings.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

We're baaaaack......

Well, it's good to be back after the holidays. As I mentioned before, I really missed those early morning meetings and all they had to offer.

This week's meeting was particularly interesting to me for a couple of reasons. First, one of our members recently passed away. Although I did not know him because he apparently became ill before I joined, I was very impressed by the outpouring of remembrance for the guy by the RB Sunrise Rotary. He was clearly highly respected and loved. That, of course, reflects right back on the club itself.

At the meeting we also had a guest speaker who was not a Rotarian, but was a local entrepreneur. A physical therapist by training and occupation, he owns his own gym and does personal training as well. His excellent speech motivated me to high a personal trainer to tune up my own routine and to set some goals. I have a much better understanding of what is going on as I get older, and what I can do about it.

Finally, as a Red Badge Rotarian, one of the things on my checklist of things to do toward full membership is to attend a Board of Directors meeting. I checked that off tonight. I particularly enjoyed the wine and snacks! The meeting impressed me as cheerful, rather loose (we didn't have THAT much wine), but very productive. I got a good sense of what goes on to keep this great organization running.

Good to be back!

No comments:

About Me

San Diego, CA, United States
Paul Gorman serves as an Advisor with Sperry Van Ness, specializing in the sale and leasing of office and industrial properties. Gorman is experienced in assisting owners of commercial real estate portfolios in maximizing their financial investments during acquisition or liquidation. Before entering commercial real estate, Gorman spent more than 20 years in the software industry. Gorman served as Sales Director with Compuware Europe, BV, and CACI Products Company. His clients included government agencies, Fortune 500 companies, and international corporations. Gorman also served in the United States Navy for 20 years as an aviator, reaching the rank of Commander. The U.S. Navy selected him for postgraduate education in the prestigious Operations Research program of the Naval Postgraduate School, where he earned his Master of Science degree. Gorman is active in both industry and community as a member of Toastmasters International Club 1442 and RB Sunrise Rotary Club. In addition to his Master of Science degree from the Naval Postgraduate School, he earned his Bachelor of Science from the Ohio State University. Gorman currently resides in San Diego with his family.